Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Draftsight Problem Can't Reactivate; Help!

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Draftsight Problem Can't Reactivate; Help!

Old 01-09-2015, 03:05 PM
GoNavy
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Draftsight Problem Can't Reactivate; Help!

Months ago I downloaded the free version (2d) of Draftsight. I am well along in a set of plans
Now it won't open. I get the "reactivation required" notice, fill in the information, click "reactivate", and instead of an email link to reactivate, it greets me with another "reactivation required" window. Repeating, yields the same window over and over.

I have read numerous posts on the web about this problem, including the suggestion to uninstall the program and download it again.
I don't want to lose the many hours of work already in my drawings, and want to proceed cautiously.

Has any other member experienced this problem with Draftsight, and how did you fix it?
Old 01-10-2015, 10:29 AM
RCFlyingKnight

Downloading and reinstalling shouldn't affect your drawing file. If you are concerned about it, copy your file to another location if you previously saved it in a location the software defaults to. As to the reactivation I had that problem and left it for about two weeks and then it worked.

I don't use draftsight, I just ended up with it on my pc for some reason.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:57 AM
GoNavy
My Feedback: (15)

Thanks for the guidance. I will copy those files.