How to glass a Horner wing tip
Hi needs some help and advice.
Sorry if this is a little long winded just trying to explain the help needed. Built one wing tip, for a wing with a cord of 26 inches and thickness of 4 inches. The wing tip design is “Horner” wing tip. Please note that this wing tip does not have a single straight surface. Made the first one from foam, wire cut it, shaped it and covered it with 1/8 balsa. This was difficult and very time consuming. Worked out well and looks great but do not want to do it again. Would like to build the second one from foam, shape it correctly then vacuum bag it in fiberglass.
The big question. Would like to set the tip down on a flat piece of glass, fiberglass the Horner-tip and then vacuum bag it. Please note I have never done this before.
1. Place the tip on the glass
2. Cover the tip with 2 layers of 2 oz/sq-yd cloth.
3. Due to the shape and folds in the material that will happen do not know what peel to use.
4. Breather cloth layer which one do I use.
5. What bagging material do I use to conform to the shape and not pull on the tip in the wrong directions deforming it?
6. Will seal the bag to the glass as required to get a vacuum.
Thanks for the help.