Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looking For CNC Mill Work or Ideas

Hello everyone, I have been a avid RC'er for years now, but got burnt out and started a new job and hobby. I worked as a aerospace machinist for a while and now do small CNC Mill work from my home. I am looking for ideas for R/C related products to be made, weather it be one off for a customer, and for resale. If you have any ideas or needs please let me know.

Currently I am designing a 40 size aluminum mount that fits the LA and others.

MOD: If this is the wrong forum, I apologize.
    Last edited by dneisler; 01-05-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I used the Futaba dimensioned drawing to come up with my own for a fixture for one of their servos. It is drawn in AutoCAD that I converted to .jpg for RCU’s requirement. Is this the kind of thing you are talking about? Dan.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FUTABAS9202fixture.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	1954706
    Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Yeah I can/could make custom servo brackets as you mention. Just looking for ideas that people may need or want.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    dneisler, you may want to post this in the Engine Conversion forum. There are people that post in there from time to time looking for someone to do work for them.

I am sort of new to electric RC airplanes but, I do know of a problem that does exist for some as it did for me. I found a cure for my problem (I think) But here's what it is. Electric motors have a shaft that on some models will extend a certain amount and sometimes not enough. I did buy a couple of motor shaft extensions for mine BUT, the further you extend the propeller from the motor the more multiplied out of balance the prop is, will affect the bearings in the motor. I have thought of something that's not available that might help. But I think input from other members here would be of great benefit..

A carrier bearing mounted in a three or four prong bracket that would fit behind a cowl. I think sealed wheel bearings from RC cars would be a good bearing. The carrier is what would take the work. Some people would like to use dummy radial engines in their cowls or space an electric motor to the rear from a cowl such as a P-40 or P-51 or P-38. On my Cessna T-50, I have the option of leaving the dummy radials off, leaving the center of the engine block out, or figuring out a way to space the out runner back from it so it can get adequate air for cooling.

Just a thought

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    You should post this question in the RC Jets forum. They may have a need due for retract and other systems for heavy jets
    Edgar Perez
    Puerto Rico

I wonder if some people who like attachments such as missiles, bombs and drop fuel tanks might want to custom order them

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    There is a real need for innovative retracts. There is some dearth of rotating retracts that stand up to abuse. I suspect that it might be possible to design a hub for variable pitch props that might generate some interest. I would like to buy a little finger lever that would stick/screw to the side of my transmitter so I could grip it between middle and ring finger and not feel like I am about to drop the rig in the middle of a snap roll. There might be interest in a simple brake that could be applied to most wheels. We lost the vendor that was selling a variable stab incidence mounting system for pattern ships with plug-in stabs.....heck one for the wing might sell as well. You aren't into amateur astronomy by chance? There is a real need there. Keep in mind that the best way to make a million off home machine work is to start with two million.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Do you have any photos of your work? I may have some work I need done.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The following Link is to a download package that I made up for the programs and method I use to create gcode for the Donek drag knife to cut Redi-Board for making RC model airplanes. If you are hobbyist on a low budget it is worth the look. It is a zip file, in Windows 7 after you download the file right click on the file and choose to extract. All the software that is included is free to use no strings attached.http://ubuntuone.com/41QpyBkkTxyKiMY5ImKYWz