Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WINGS ICED UP Grounded for defrost. What to do till then.

There is no RC flying in Oklahoma at the time, everything is record low and ice everywhere around Tulsa so I am grounded. I have decided to get after the 2d drawing I am working on. Maybe I'll be ready to send it to a cutter in a few weeks. I am finding the old saying "Use it or lose it is true" I haven't used 2d CAD in a while and am finding you do forget, by not staying in practice. I have posted here that I am working on it but I haven't told anyone about the unusual problems I have had with it. When I first started it at my house, I had worked on it at least 10 hours on the first day, in the evening I went too get a cup of coffee and before I got back we had a power flash. I had just set up the computer and forgot to set the auto save so I lost all the work I had done.

I started again and got all the wing, nacelles and cowl drawn for the T-50, the computer just completely shut down suddenly. I called a tech to check it out, the power supply had died. I have decided to delete the drawing I have done on the wing and start all over for the practice, and also I think I can do it better.

Anyone else drawing anything?

Bassard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    You soon learn when doing CAD to save every few minutes if you are making lots of changes/progress. That one simple keystroke can save you many hours of labor.

Banned
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    "That one simple keystroke can save you many hours of labor."

I don't know what program you're using, but the ones that I have used have an "auto save" function that you can set to save every X number of minutes. I usually set mine for 10. It was sometimes bothersome, if it did that in the middle of a complex operation, but it was better than using the time and train of thought.

Les

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Here in N. Idaho we build in "De-icing boots" in our wings so we can fly in the winter. Might be something you will want to do before building the wings.......
    Gizmo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I think those long skinny balloons used to make 'balloon animals' would make great de-icers for models. Just hook up a CO2 bottle with remote controlled valve.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Good aren't we?
    Gizmo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    ARUP and Gizmo, I have a 2000 lb Black Angus bull that can't produce as much bull chat as you two. lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    That's what happens when you get old........
    Gizmo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    That is so funny, oldbassard! Whoyoucallinold! Why... I can wup you with or without wearin' my Depends! lol