Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Spray Paint Serup

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 11:56 PM
waynerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spray Paint Serup

Hello,

I am not ready for paint on my project yet. I am just planning now to be ready when time comes.

I would like to spray Valspar Interior Latex. I have a Badger 180-11 compressor. I am thinking of getting a Badger 250-4 spray gun. Can anyone tell me if this arrangement will work My concern is the thickness of the paint and if the Badger 180-11 and 250-4 will do the job.

I can make some changes to this setup, but I have to say, money is somewhat of a concern. Any input will be Greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Wayne
Old 04-16-2014, 02:53 AM
gene6029

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Wayne, I have use a Badger to spray Sherwin Williams latex paint with no issues. It requires thinning the latex down quite a bit though. I thinned my latex down with regular tap water and got great results. My air compressor at the time was just a flat pancake type from Lowes. I believe i sprayed at 30 lbs air pressure. Heres a picture of the type Badger i still use & the first plane i sprayed with it useing latex house paint.....Gene
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1453.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	762.2 KB
ID:	1987414   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0238_0001.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	1987415  
Old 04-16-2014, 10:49 AM
waynerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Gene,

Thanks for the reply. Your plane looks neat. Congratulations.

I have an observation and a concern. The observation is the Badger 250-2, or 250-4 appear to work. That is a good thing. The concern is I have the Valspar latex. It will need a lot of thinning as you indicated.

Problem; The quart can says only add 2 oz. water for thinning. That does not appear to be enough to thin for spraying. I will figure it out.

You have given me encouragement that the latex will work. The setup I am thinking about might work.

Thank you so much,

Wayne