Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

4' glider into EDF RC, and it was easy


Old 05-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Thread Starter
nitrosportsandrunner's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: skowhegan, ME
Posts: 9,502
My Gallery
My Models
My Feedback
Default 4' glider into EDF RC, and it was easy

recently started doing scratch builds with DTFB and dow foam.

but found these Air raid raptor foam gliders at walmart...$10

I have a 64mm EDF with 4300kv motor.

I found the CG of the glider as it was....then mounted the servos and used DTFB to make control surfaces. With that done, I simply moved the EDF/battery around until I had the CG where it was before. This really took out any guess work!

Mounted the EDF with DTFB and hot glue (low temp) cut a slot for the 1300mah 3s lipo and wired everything up. I think it took 1.5 hours total.

AUW is just over 500g.

Even tho it was still pretty light, I was amazed at how well it flew! No wheels yet, but it can take off from a smooth surface.
About the only downside is that using a 1300mah with a 64mm edf means the runtimes are not as long as I would like. But it isn't bad.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PHTO0809.JPG
Views:	362
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1996334  
nitrosportsandrunner is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy