Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

4' glider into EDF RC, and it was easy

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

4' glider into EDF RC, and it was easy

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 09:28 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 4' glider into EDF RC, and it was easy

recently started doing scratch builds with DTFB and dow foam.

but found these Air raid raptor foam gliders at walmart...$10

I have a 64mm EDF with 4300kv motor.

I found the CG of the glider as it was....then mounted the servos and used DTFB to make control surfaces. With that done, I simply moved the EDF/battery around until I had the CG where it was before. This really took out any guess work!

Mounted the EDF with DTFB and hot glue (low temp) cut a slot for the 1300mah 3s lipo and wired everything up. I think it took 1.5 hours total.

AUW is just over 500g.

Even tho it was still pretty light, I was amazed at how well it flew! No wheels yet, but it can take off from a smooth surface.
About the only downside is that using a 1300mah with a 64mm edf means the runtimes are not as long as I would like. But it isn't bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zTcuwpfPQ4
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PHTO0809.JPG
Views:	1130
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	1996334