Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Looking for Panther gyrocopter plans by Richard Harris in the U. K.

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Looking for Panther gyrocopter plans by Richard Harris in the U. K.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 06:38 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for Panther gyrocopter plans by Richard Harris in the U. K.

I would like to know if there is an outlet here in the States for these plans. They seem to be fairly popular over on the UK forums and I think I would like to try my hand at building and flying this model. I posted this over on the gyro forum under helis but i dont think anyone is reading that forum anymore as there is no activity there.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:33 AM
kdc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to order the plan and parts online direct from England see http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/search...ther&x=23&y=13

The Modelflying.co.uk forum is the same organisation, so you can get any help you need in obtaining the plans etc if you participate in that forum.
Note that plans from England dont include the instruction article but can be purchased at extra cost.
( from memory this was a free plan included with the magazine so you might be able to find a copy of the March 13 and April 13 RCME magazine)

The latest issue of RCME contains a free plan of another autogyro so you might want to get that too. There is a phone number stated for USA /Canada enquiries (001) 866 647 9191

Last edited by kdc; 10-03-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:39 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Thank you KDC. I guess i need to email them to find out the price in U.S. dollars and the shipping here. I had thought about that earlier but was thinking it would be cost prohibitive by the time the exchange rate and shipping was figured.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:03 AM
kdc

Just buying the plan might have much cheaper shipping than the woodpack. I dont know if they would quote a price in dollars, probably they would invoice your credit card in pounds and let the card company charge you in dollars. Obviously the exchange rate changes from hour to hour but its often about 1.65 so multiply the price in pounds by 1.65 to get a rough idea of the dollar price. Here in England we buy from USA, China or Germany etc using a credit card and the exchange rate is set by our card company. We find it much better to buy in the local currency than buy in our currency at an inflated exchange rate by the supplier who must play safe to protect their company.. So it's better to let your credit card company convert to your currency.
However there is another autogyro plan by Richard Harris from Traplet. Traplet do quote a price in dollars in their catalogue. Plan is 19.79 pounds sterling or 32.39 US dollars ( at the moment - special 10 percent discount ) or plan and woodpack 59.92 pounds or 101.23 US dollars (sale discount price) shipping is extra. Traplet have a USA agent in Champaign IL and a phone number 1 217 355 2970
Old 10-04-2014, 04:59 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Thanks KDC,

I have been reading the modelflying.uk thread with great interest. In fact, i have gleaned enough information from it i could probably build the model without the plans but think i would get much closer to the designers intent if i get the plans.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:37 AM
kdc

It was a free plan with the March 2013 issue of RCME ( sold as RC Model Aeroplane in USA ) so you might be able to find a USA aeromodeller who still has a copy. The instructions were continued in the April 2013 issue too. If you cannot get that it may be worth trying to get the very latest issue which contains the free plan of the Atom Special autogyro. This issue has been out for about 2 weeks in England so its around now.
I think the head is the tricky part and much experimentation went into that so you really need the instructions too. Richard Harris was showing this model to a few people at a show last year and was explaining the way he developed the head etc.