Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Box-o-plywood or Box-o-balsa

Old 12-02-2016, 10:19 AM
rgunder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Box-o-plywood or Box-o-balsa

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST. I MOVED IT TO CLASSIFIED ADS.

Hi all.

I used to run a laser cutting company that focused on RC. Since shutting that down, I have had a huge stock of balsa and plywood in my garage. I am planning to package everything up in boxes and try to turn it into some cash to support my flying habit

What I am thinking is that I will be bundling two different types of packages: all random plywood and all random balsa.

The balsa box will consist of a combination of sheets from 1/32" to 3/8" and widths from 1" to 6" with the majority running in the 4" width range with an average thickness of 1/8". The length is all 24". There will be some sticks in there too of various sizes. The "brick" of balsa will measure 24"x12"x4" when it is all packaged up. There will probably be a 1/4"x24"x12" piece of ply in there too to stabilize the rest. That's quite a load of balsa. There's too much to try to make the packages uniform, so I want to emphasize that they will be random thicknesses, widths, and densities. I am thinking that this would sell for $75 plus shipping. At retail this is probably $200 worth of wood.

For the plywood, I have a mix of lite ply (1/8" and 1/4") as well as birch ply (1/64" all the way to 1/4"). These will mostly be 24"x12" sheets. Just like the balsa, they will be bundled into 4" thick bricks for shipment. The plywood, especially the really thin stuff, is more expensive, so I am asking $100 plus shipping. Again, the bricks will be a random mix of thicknesses, just like the balsa.

Please PM me if you are interested. I hope this wood can find a good home.

Last edited by rgunder; 12-02-2016 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Moved to classified ads
Old 12-02-2016, 10:21 AM
rgunder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Oh, and the balsa pack will come with a small assortment of 24" sheets of basswood of various thicknesses.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:29 PM
rgunder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Please disregard this post. I moved it to classified ads.