Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Painting Depron

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 02:28 PM
cakeman68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Depron

Hello group, newbie to model building here. I have built me first plane out of depron foam. I was told that before I paint it that I needed to wipe it down with alcohol before painting as this will remove all of the oil and such from the form. I have done that and now that I am painting it, I have purchased tempera paint and when I attempt to paint it, all of the paint will streak and disappear like oil and water. What am I doing wrong. I have also purchased spray paint frpm the local craft store and this is not working either. Thank you for any suggestions.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:42 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Did you prime it?
Old 04-29-2017, 09:01 AM
cakeman68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I have and the paint still streaks
Old 05-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You don't need to prime it. Tempra paint doesn't work very well. I had the best luck with Krylon Shot Cuts or Tamiya paint. Multiple light coats are you friend.