Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Cutting wing and fuse off a PDF any ideas?

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Cutting wing and fuse off a PDF any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 02:21 AM
FrankRC1
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutting wing and fuse off a PDF any ideas?

I have a PDF on a wing and fuselage I would like to have cut for a short kit. Anyone out there able to do that? 1/7 Scale P39
Old 05-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some programs are able to extract the data from a PDF and convert it to the required data for CNC. I would not know where to start, but your kit cutter may. otherwise, I have loaded a PDF onto AutoCad or similar software in the past and traced new lines over the PDF lines, then delete the PDF and you have the vector lines required for CNC.

I know is not much, but I hope it points you in the right direction.
Rafael
Old 05-24-2017, 11:54 AM
thomasmuckus

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Use DevWing and DevFus, ( DevFus 3, drawing fuselages with 3D preview ) those tools are so cheap (from 70 € up to max 100€) and easy to use.....
Feel free to have a look to my building thread > http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scra...1-1-4-5-a.html < actually I made the third model with this and I`m more amd more satisfied. The only thig you need than is a friend with a milling machine.
Thomas