Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Black 5 by Dale Tattam - Anyone Know it?

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Black 5 by Dale Tattam - Anyone Know it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 07:26 AM
griff_4988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Black 5 by Dale Tattam - Anyone Know it?

I recently acquired plans from Sarik Hobbies in the UK for a twin IC model called Black 5, designed by Dale Tattam. Unusually for plans from Sarik (or formerly Traplet), there is no build article to accompany them. Being an experienced builder, I don’t particularly need this for the 'build instructions’, however I would like to know a bit more about the background to the model. The fuselage has a particularly angular, rather ugly, slab-sided design, and I would like to have known the rationale behind this.

Does anyone know (or has built) this model, where/when or which magazine it first appeared in; or indeed, anything about Dale Tattam?

My reason for wanting to build such an enigmatic model is that I have two RCV58-CD 4-strokes which are homeless at the moment, and they’re exactly the right size to go into it.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:43 AM
kdc

An old Traplet plans handbook shows this article was in RC ModelWorld December 2001 and there is a copy of this for sale in England at Magazine Exchange for 1.90 pounds. I seem to remember Dale Tatham was an American living in UK at the time his plans were published.

Last edited by kdc; 11-21-2019 at 10:45 AM. Reason: error
Old 11-22-2019, 02:25 AM
griff_4988

Thanks for that kdc. I actually found the plan in the Traplet plans handbook you're referring to, but hadn't noticed the reference to RCMW Dec 2001 in the Black 5 entry.

Thanks also for pointing me to the Magazine Exchange, I didn't know it existed. I've now ordered the copy they were advertising. I notice that the Black 5 doesn't appear to be mentioned on the front cover of the magazine, so we'll see what comes.