Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

downloadible program needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 03:36 PM
Hover Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default downloadible program needed

does anyone know where i could dowload a airplane designer for free. it does not have to be good just somthing i could draw a set of plans with
Old 10-29-2003, 03:53 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Default RE: downloadible program needed

I don't think there is an "airplane designer" program for free on the web. If you mean you want to draw your own airplane plans with a computer you'll need a CAD program. Here's a good one that is a free download: http://www.al-ki.com/tcad/download.php#HatchPatterns The manual is a free download in .pdf format as well.

Good luck my friend
Old 11-02-2003, 11:23 AM
David74

you can also check the trial version of rccad:

www.rccad.com
Old 11-03-2003, 08:39 PM
Balsa Master

he he, i got a brick with no wings to fly in RCCAD... theres somthing... buggy? with that program. but as far as looks go, yuo can designe somthing resembling a plane with the free version if you have a LOT of time and a whole lot more patients than me.
Old 11-08-2003, 12:52 PM
rraimonfl

If you want to be serious about design, and your plane is something more than a box with tail and wings (with all due respect), like an F-15, for example. (I mean very complex forms through the fuselage), you want to go to ptc.com, and look for the pro/desktop express. This is one of the best CAD programs I saw so far, including AutoCAD, and it is free. I just finished the design of an XF 35 with it, and I am very happy for the ease of use and the capabilities of the program, including for example the capability to give you the CG, the area and the weight of the piece you design, given its density.

If you need any more info, I will be happy to help you.

Richard