Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

advice and tips on building a ULTIMATE bipe from plans

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

advice and tips on building a ULTIMATE bipe from plans

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 04:59 PM
crash bang craig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice and tips on building a ULTIMATE bipe from plans

I would like as much advice and tips on problems that i may come up against when i build my ultimate from plans or if you have and good ideas of how to do certain parts of the build. I have plans of the size i want, a build manual for this plane and plans for jigs for wings and fuse.

I just believe in getting as much info before you start a project
Old 11-06-2003, 06:20 PM
runover1
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: advice and tips on building a ULTIMATE bipe from plans

What size and brand is your Ultimate plan? I am getting ready to start a .75 size that I figure a .60-.91 will work great in. I think it has a 50" WS. I am thinking about building 2 of them at the same time.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:29 AM
crash bang craig

The plan that i am using is one that i got off a friend i think it is a free one it has a 52inch WS and the construction manual is one off the great planes ones and seems very good and will be a big help. I think i will be using a Saito 80-91 in it as these seem to be good engines, or is there a better one to use. As for building two at the same time dam good idea just in case one is crashed it will save a lot of time.[:-]
Old 11-07-2003, 09:08 AM
runover1
My Feedback: (10)

Yup! I plan to build the second to save as much weight as possible. The GP Ultimate .46 has a 43+" ws. I figure if I lighten it enough, I will be able to use a .60. I am going to hollow out as much as possible to get light, but still have strength. Who know, maybe it will be better. Are you planning to have it ready for spring?
Old 11-16-2003, 10:52 PM
emearg

I built a 49" Ultimate off plans. Powered it with a OS 108FSR which provides ample power to hover if that rings your bell.... The plan recommended a 60 two stroke or a 70 four stroke as I recall, but that would not have given Ultimate like performance IMHO.
Have fun.