Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Cad program

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 04:26 PM
lithium2177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cad program

Hello!
I am a mac user, and I would like to know, what program can I use for making the plans and all that.
They have told me of a program called Vectorworks. Does anyone knows this? Or what else can I use?

Thanks,
Eduardo
Old 11-21-2003, 08:40 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cad program

Autocad by Autodesk works on a MAC computer. You will have a difficult time locating one of the older versions, and you have to make a special request to obtain the highly expensive software in MAC talk. DesignCAD used to advertise a MAC compatible program, but I never saw it in use.

There are a few conversion softwares out there which will enable you to run DOS or Windows based software within the MAC computer. I don't know how far these extend as to capabilities. I think MAC OS9 will enable a good amount of interchangeability, and with proper set-up you can use Windows 98 compatible software.

I use Conversions Plus by Dataviz to talk to MAC users that have Pagemaker installed. The company is going to bring out a conversion for CAD on the MAC but it too is very expensive.

Also best to look for a printer/plotter that can work in PostScript, as these are bi-lingual.

Wm.