Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

FlyR\C L-19 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 10:43 AM
flip-flop-fly!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FlyR\C L-19 Problems

Hey guys, just wanted to know if anyone else is building the L-19 from the center pull-out, ive got my sub assemblies built and found one big mess, it appears that per print the wing joiners wont fit as well as the width of the centre section is to narrow and wont match up to the top of Fig.#2 to mount the wings. theres also a missing IP templete as well as small problems with dimensions as per the print, i can modify, but am trying to remain true to the design and not end up with some sort of "cob job", ya know? the spitfire in issue #1 came out most exellent and i was planning to order online or go to my LHS for my motors and electronics after completion of the cessna as the requirements are simular and going to try and get a package "deal". this l-19 looks like it can be a nice flying, low stress flier if I could be so bold as to get a few ideas and or answers. thanx, Ted aka flip-flop-fly!
Old 12-05-2003, 11:59 AM
Mike Denest
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FlyR\C L-19 Problems

Can you show a picture?[sm=confused.gif]
Old 12-06-2003, 10:32 AM
flip-flop-fly!

not yet Mike, but i will post within a day or two some pics. im also having some minor issues setting up my new scanner, photo shop, driver etc. but im sure im going to get a break in my work schedule to fix all my toys. thank you very much with your offer to help me sort this out. i still am no further as to an answer to this but like you implied, a picture is worth a \\\\\\ you know. later, Ted Jansen aka flip-flop-fly!
Old 12-21-2003, 05:03 PM
rfg06
My Feedback: (8)

Ted,
I too am building the Fly RC L-19. After I read your post and after I had completed one wing half of the plane, I took a plastic wing joiner template i had made and determined that the slots of the joiner (in which the W1-A rib of the wing, and WC rib of the center section meet), needed to be moved in towards the center of the joiner by 3/16". So the left slot must be moved 3/16" to the right...and the right slot must be moved 3/16" to the left. I haven't cut all the fuselage parts but will look for any errors there too. What power system do you plan on putting in your plane? I'm thinking about an MP Jet Brushless setup. Best of luck!

-Ryan Gross