Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Throttle pushrod help

Old 01-01-2004, 09:24 PM
SERCEFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle pushrod help

I'm building my first throttled model. It's a 48 in high wing powered by a Norvel 061. I'm using the Du-Bro Micro Pushrod sysytem. It works great for the control surfaces.

Should I bring the nyrod tube and the actual wire to the throttle, or end the nyrod tube at the firewall and send just the wire to the throttle arm? Does oil/fuel ever get behind the firewall through the nyrod?

Any other tricks or hints for setting up the throttle pushrod?? Anyone have close-up photos of their set ups?

Thanks
Old 01-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Ed Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Throttle pushrod help

Take the tube just through the firewall, ensure that the clevis on the wire is not jammed against the end of the tube when the throttle is in the back position. there may be some fuel residue that runs down the tube. Look upon it as lubricaton. It is not enought to cause any damage. when it eventually reaches the servo end of the tube just wipe it off.

Ed S