Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

keith sparks a-10 or rcm a-10 which one

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

keith sparks a-10 or rcm a-10 which one

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 07:45 PM
bigbud
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keith sparks a-10 or rcm a-10 which one

i would like to build the a-10 that either keith sparks designed or the rcm model i think someone said it was designed by mike pesto its the single engine 40 size pusher. cant decide which one so anyone who has build either one of these planes i would like to here from you the pros an cons, what size engine your using, how the plane flys any changes made from the plans. this is my first scratch built model so any information i can get will be helpful.
Old 01-08-2004, 09:33 AM
RJCapt.
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: keith sparks a-10 or rcm a-10 which one

I built the Sparks A-10 about a year ago...no experience with the pusher. Keith is a great guy who offered me allot of help. It was my first scratch build and he was extremely helpful with emails and pics of stuff. I of course went big with the engines and put two 32's on it, well, bad idea. It flew ok, but you end up having to put more weight in the noseto counter it. It handled it fine but in the end i wish i'd put the recomended 25's in it. I also had a little trouble getting the recomended fuel tanks to fit right, but finally got those in there as well. The engine nacelles, which you get from keith(he also suplies the canopy), were a little tricky to get on as well. But if you follow his instructions you shouldnt have any trouble. In the end this was a nice flying airplane. As he says it flies like a short coupled trainer, a little squirly but a blast to fly, looks great, and gets allot of looks at the field. feel free to email me with any questions.

Chris
Old 01-08-2004, 04:18 PM
bigbud
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: keith sparks a-10 or rcm a-10 which one

chris thanks for your reply just what i was looking for. i'll probably take you up on the e-mail when i get started the plans are ordered just waiting for arrival. i have sparkeys e-mail also, i'm sure i will be in touch with him to. could you tell me which engine you used that way i could compare weights i was thinking about a couple mvvs .28s thanks again

bud

p.s. i see you have interest in ducted fan jets i think thats the next side of the hobby i like to explore i'll first see how this project goes.