Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Sudio Max 3D R2

Old 01-07-2004, 12:47 AM
boss_blueangels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sudio Max 3D R2

I've gone through a few of the quick tutorials on there, but was wondering, how do you add a skin texture to more complex shapes? I try doing the "U LOFT" thing to my sample-wing with washout, and I get some weird, funky lookin' skin that twists between the ribs.
Also, how do you guys go about "building" a plane on there? And if its simpler, which tutorials helped the most? And, when you get to the final stages, do you individually model each main feature such as ribs, formers etc?

Thanks for any tips! I love this forum! lol
Old 01-07-2004, 04:19 AM
parabellum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sudio Max 3D R2

are you talking about 3d studio max?

any how, for most airplanes, it would be better to box map (plane map, rectangular map) the finalized wings and fuse.
rather than maping while lofting.