Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

FanTrainer

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 10:12 AM
ultraviper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FanTrainer

Hello, two years ago I had a French magazine, with free plans for a speed 400 size Fantrainer. I was going to build this little beauty, however, my plan and my magazine were in my car, and guess what : right my car got stolen.
Ever since I have been looking around and searching for a free plan for this Fantrainer.
So, please let me know when one is found
Old 02-24-2003, 04:40 PM
PeterC

Default Fantrainer

In response to Ultraviper's request for a Speed 400 model of the Fantrainer; one was published in Electric Flight International as a FREE plan. These plans are available from Model World Plans Service and I think the plan no. is MW2700. This could be the same plan you had. The model is designed by Stephen Mattam.Good luck finding it.
Peter
Old 02-16-2007, 03:42 AM
jan brilman

Default RE: FanTrainer

Does anybody know whether the plans for the "Green Hangar Aircraft" Fantrainer are still available somewhere?

"Green Hangar Aircraft" doesn't seem to exist anymore . . .[]

Thanks.

jan.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:27 PM
T45WingNut
My Feedback: (1)

ran across this web page dont know if the guy still selling them or not....

http://home.tiscali.nl/~wvr/
Old 02-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here it is "Green Hanger Fantrainer".

EDIT- Plan has been removed at the request of the plan's creator. It is not permitted to post plans that are from current or recent commercial sources that are copyrighted or without permission from the designer.- BMatthews
Old 02-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Props4ever

I happen to find 60sz Fan Trainer built from some old kit. I am going now to check it out and if I get it I will update you guys.

I asked him if its good plane to practice for ducted fan or turbine jets but he said no!, its top slow for that purpose..
Old 02-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Props4ever

Ok model is built from some old kit, plans are engineered by Tom Storm and drawn by Dell Hall. Model has wingspan of 71" and length of 64". Its very nice model though previous owner said he had 60sz engine on it but plans call for Webra Speed 50, he also changed T tail configuration to conventional type for easy transport in his car to the field.

I'm planning to add flaps on the wings as I think this model needs them instead of full wing ailerons.
Airfoil is semi symetrical. Well I'm also planning to recover it in original or scale colors as its in full aluminum with bit of red on the X structure on the aft fuselage and kinda looks ugly to me.

What do I need to know before flying it plus what methords do you guys have to start the engine?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:59 AM
Props4ever

I have spended few hours on this model already to figure out how previous owner had 60sz engine mounted in the shroud!, mount is only big enough to fit 46-50sz engines and shroud could only accomodate maximum of 9" 2 or 3 bladed prop or fan blade!.

What is best suitable 2, 3 blade prop or fan blade to work with SK50 or OS55 engines plus with what pitch?.

Sammy
Old 02-26-2008, 12:19 PM
PeterC

I have one of these planes sitting on my workbench for the last ten years or so. Just can't get motivted to finish it. My kit came with a pulley which fitted on the front of the prop, where the spinner would normally go, and then use a belt to start it. I have never tried it but the boat people start their engines this way so it should work. As for props, you are going to need a pusher prop and I think the only ones available are by Tornado and Graupner. If you are going to use a big engine I would suggest a 3 blade 10" cut down to fit the shroud. Spend some extra time balancing it as you are not going to break it and if you do you will have lots of other problems to sort out.
I had mine set up for mechanical retracts but took them out as the linkage got too complicated and heavy. I don't think the plane will be much more than a powered glider when finished so I don't think flaps would be necessary.
Peter
So many planes, so little time.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Props4ever

Peter,

Ive decided to go with Webra Speed 50 and APC 10x8 pusher cut down to inner diameter of the shroud. As for pully you are talking about, its mentioned on the plans but didn't come with the model. I like to know where to get one. Currently model is RTF with SK 50 with pitts muffler and is close to 10lbs plus-minus few ounces so i doubt it will be a fast flyer but we shall see. I found a bit of structural problem, when in plug in the wings on the fuse and mounting screws are tighten, i found 3/32" gap between right wing and fuse and 1/16" gap between left wing and fuselage!, now i dont know if its a good thing or bad but i want to fill it with fillet before i fly this model.

Pete if you decide not to countinue with the build then let me know, we may be able to work something out. Its always good to have spare just for rainy days...

Old 06-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Jaffray
My Feedback: (5)

Hello
Green Hangar does inded exsist, and plans and canopies are still available from me at [email protected] and composite planes with landing gear are currently under development. The electric power options available today have long surpassed the noisy old .25 glow version, but the OS SX.32 is the glow engine of chioce these days. We are working on a replacement for the Grish propellor that the plane was designed around, too.

Jaffray
Old 09-09-2008, 03:49 AM
jan brilman

Hello Jaffray.

I tried to email you, but with no success.

Ik would like to buy the plans and canopy for the Fantrainer: how do i do that?

Thanks! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

jan.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:45 AM
jan brilman

Or, for that matter, does anyone know where or how to reach Green Hangar of Jaffray?

Thanks!

jan.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:00 AM
jan brilman

Or, for that matter, does anyone know where or how to reach Green Hangar of Jaffray?

Thanks!

jan.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Give the email sometime. Jeffray usually isn't on this website very often. I'll see at home whether I have additional contact information from him.

Jim
Old 09-10-2008, 02:16 AM
jan brilman

This is what I get:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

[email protected]

The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The following organization rejected your message: relay.verizon.net.

That's not gonna work . . .

jan.