Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Ultimate 40

Old 01-12-2004, 10:49 PM
rockom
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate 40

Hello RCU,

I have some plans that seem to be fairly common for download on the internet. It's the Ultimate 40 by Dan Marlowe. I would like to build this model. Has anyone else around here built this one? Does anyone have constuction pics of their work? What did you use for cowl, pants, canopy, gear, ect.....?

Thanks,
-Rocko
Old 01-13-2004, 10:36 PM
toddh
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Ultimate 40

Where did you download the plans???
Old 01-15-2004, 08:09 PM
rockom

Ultimate-40 Plans
http://www.aerotech-rc.com

Click on "Plans and Downloads" on the top left.

-Rocko
Old 01-16-2004, 09:39 PM
rockom

Since no one seems to be familiar with these plans is their a more common set I can use? Better ones maybe?
Anyone scratch build a Ultimate from plans?

-Rocko
Old 01-17-2004, 12:20 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to the site, down loaded the plans, opened them with Turbo CAD and they look really good. I will build it with a foam core balsa sheeted wings, but other then that it looks easy enough to build. Now when I get my hobby CNC going I would just use it to cut all of those ribs.

You could use sheet balsa and then glass it with 3/4 oz cloth to make the cowl or carve a blank out of pine, balsa, bass wood, alder, popular and then use it to form a nice glass cowl out of 3/4 oz cloth and epoxy. The pants I would use 1/16"ply with a core of balsa and then cover with the same film as the rest ofthe plane.

The gear I am going to use some gear I have left over from my Lucky stick 40 that I did a figure 9 on landing. You can buy a set of plastic, aluminum, carbon fibre and just bolt it up.

Dru.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:39 AM
suthep

I just finished most of the plane a month ago. Waiting to finish the canopy and having emegency incident is delaying its first flight. The GP Ultimate Bipe 40 manual is a very good construction guide for this plane. You can download the file "gpma0240-manual-v1_1.pdf" at GP website.

Sorry, I didn't take picture of this plane during construction. I haven't taken the finished one either. I could do it if you like.

Suthep
Old 01-17-2004, 11:54 AM
rockom

Cool. Thanks for all the great info.

-Rocko