Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

great planes f-4 phantom????

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

great planes f-4 phantom????

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 09:00 PM
highflyer353535
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great planes f-4 phantom????

hi does antone know if great planes still has the f-4 tower is not listing it thank you
Old 05-24-2002, 06:34 PM
RandyL
My Feedback: (4)

No, I'm afraid that they have been out of production for some time. I bought mine from a local shop that had one on the shelf a year ago. It's a builders project but looks sharp when done.
Old 05-29-2002, 12:06 PM
j_dogg
My Feedback: (15)

Default F-4

I have one new in the box, Never got around to building it. Anyone know why Tower took it off the market ?
Old 05-29-2002, 06:12 PM
RandyL
My Feedback: (4)

As far as kits go.. it is not an easy kit to make look nice..lots of ABS parts to blend in.
Most people told me that a .60 would fly it but is weak. Seemed the going engine for most is a .91. With retracts built in as per plans there is very little ground / prop clearance. Fuel tank is in a poor location also..I installed a pump.
I bought my kit to store away for a while. When I read threads about the large ABS side pods not fitting I went ahead and built it while parts are still available. Sure enough, my pods were too short in the kit.
Great Planes Product support replaced the pods free of charge with the correct longer version. Be sure to check on getting new pods before long.
Overall, it is an expensive, hard to build, fast, heavy, airplane that really requires a hard surface runway for long life. Not hard for me to believe that they dropped the kit.
My "Blue Angel" version is ready to attempt flight with an ASP .91 and 11-8 three blade prop. Hopefully this summer. Pictures on my homepage.