Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

GP F-15 Custum cowl

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 09:31 AM
Gastronom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP F-15 Custum cowl

I got my F-15 from my wife two Christmas' back. I have flown it twice in the last two years. The ASP .46 that I had on it just wouldn't do, so I have put a TT .61 Pro on it. I was able to get the span between the firewall and the prop hub correct except for about a eigth of an inch. Now I have decided that since I had to cut the nose off to re-do the engine and now I can't figure out how to get engine installed, build-up wood cowling, then remnove and re-install the engine after I fuel proof the wood, that I would just make a fiberglass cowl that is removable..
I guess that I am looking for any assistance with this project. I have never created anything from fiberglass but kinda understand the steps.
I'm gonna either use a balsa block or get some foam insulation and shape it down to a core size to match the F-15, right? Then I just use fiber cloth and epoxy to form up the cowl that I need.
I need to know which epoxy to use and also which weight of cloth that I need to use... Anyone have any ideas that you can spare??
Thanx,
Gastronom
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Update, went to Quantum models and found two 6x6x2" blox that I can use as the plug. I bought the lite fiberglass cloth and some finish 20 minute epoxy. Now my problem is what can I use to seal the wood so that the fiberglass doesn't stick to it. Anyone have any ideas??