Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

A-10

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 11:45 AM
jdavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A-10

Hello! I have been looking to build an A-10. I have seen a few kits in the jet forum, but they are like $6k plus the cost of two turbines... So, I found a thread that talked about keith spark's plans, and that he makes (and sells) the plastics and there is someone that does the laser cutting for most of the harder stuff... My question is has anyone build an A-10 from his plans that is willing to show some pix? Also, is there another way to skin this cat? I am not the best builder in the world, and I know that there is no way I can take a tree and hack away the parts that dont look like an A-10... I am not looking for anything huge, and I would want to be able to use DF rather than turbines (and I am not even thinking of props - pusher or otherwise) something maybe in the 50-60" wingspan range? Thanks!

-Jim
Old 02-03-2004, 04:20 PM
MadScientist

Default RE: A-10

Check the RCM archives for plans. there's several. I built the pusher prop version and it's a great flying plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66479.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	97064  
Old 02-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Johng
My Feedback: (4)

I have an 80" A-10 built for twin .45 DF's that I won't be building because I got a good deal on a larger one. I'll contact you offline once I find the info on it to give you.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:04 PM
eagle56
My Feedback: (33)

If you get some plans, I will cut a kit for you. Or I will find some for you, if you can't.
Thanks, Buzz
Old 03-01-2004, 05:06 PM
ultraviper

I've got A-10 sport-scale plans on my site, the only thing you've got to change are the profiles which came out horrible in TurboCad,
check out my site at http://users.skynet.be/Modelers/

Enjoy them....