Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Plans for .40-.45 Wild Thing

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Plans for .40-.45 Wild Thing

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 01:47 PM
flipstart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans for .40-.45 Wild Thing

I have the plans for the .15-.25 Wild Thing that was kitted by Precision Aero years ago. I am looking for the plans or info on the .40-.45 size version that was also kitted. The Wild Thing is an awesome flying plane in the small size and I would like to scratch a larger version. Anyone have any info on such an animal? Even wood sizes and some dimensions would help as I can blow up my current plans, but wood sizes come out to odd dimensions. Thanks Flipstart
Old 02-06-2004, 03:18 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Plans for .40-.45 Wild Thing

I just saw plans for a 40 wild thing. It was in RCM plans book or Model Airplane News palns I'm not sure. I'll check tonight when I get home and post the source tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:53 PM
flipstart

Thanks Bill-sure would be a great help-hard to believe the plans were published just as I was planning to build-maybe that is a good sign. Flip
Old 02-07-2004, 09:19 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

The plans were published in the January Model Airplane news. The Part number is FSP04911 for a Wild Thing 40. The plans are listed on RCstore.com. The order phone number is 1.800.537.5874.
It's ironic, I have been looking for plans to the Wild Thing 25 but have not been able to locate them. Can you telll me where your source is?

Thanks
Bill
Old 02-08-2004, 04:12 PM
flipstart

Bill-actually my plans are for the .15, we just put a .25 on for unlimited vertical, there is a .25 version, I think they call it the Crazy Thing. I got a copy from a friend of mind and have cut them up building the plane. The Crazy Thing is back in production as a kit, but I forgot who has the rights now. Believe it is advertised in Model Airplane News. Thanks for the info and let me know if you do not find what you need. Flip
Old 02-09-2004, 09:21 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Your Welcome Flip,

I hope the 40 wildthing works for you. Thanks for the info for the 25. I'll look under Model Airplane new plans, I may have missed it. They have a lot of plans in the Jan. edition very possible I scanned right by it and did'nt realize what I was looking at.