Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Ultralights

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 03:00 PM
Matt/Wisc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultralights

TextHello all! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Are there any plans available to build scale models of Ultralight Aircraft? I would like to build one in Quarter Scale and watch it slowly fly by.

Thank you,
Matt/Wisc
Old 03-23-2003, 09:14 AM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Default Ultralights

http://www.rcultralights.com/tbird/index.html

Old 04-06-2003, 07:35 PM
dartcase

Default Ultralights

Back in the early 80's when I first got into the hobby I found the plans in one of the magazines for a ultralight. It seems to me the name was Weed Hopper, I drew them to fit a modified Gentle Lady wing. With not much experience in the hobby at the time the ultralight built pretty simple. The main frame was 1/2" square spruce, the seat was made from plywood and 1/4" square spruce, the receiver and battery was put in a small stuffed animal and sat on the seat. I took the wheels off a toy motorcycle, anyway it came out pretty good and didn't fly bad either. I've tried to find the plans and can't find them, if this rings a bell to anyone please reply. The ultralight was suppose to be 1/4 scale.
__________________________________________________ ___________________
Scratch built Agwago
Old 04-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Lightfoot

Default Ultralights

If I remember correctly, there were two (2) ultralights of the W**d Hopper design. The first was the Weed Hopper that had a conventional welded, or maybe bolted, tubing frame. The second was the Wood Hopper, which was the same basic design but built of square spruce. The model was of the Wood Hopper for obvious reasons. I think my dad still has plans for the Wood Hopper but I can't remember if it is the model or the full scale version. It has been many years since I have even heard of either of the planes so my memory could be incorrect.

Old 04-22-2003, 07:05 AM
G.F. Reid

Default Ultralights

There was a guy on eBay that sold plans for an RC Ultralight on a regular basis. Go over there and do a search and he may still be selling them.
It was really a beautiful model of all aluminum construction. I think it used a .40 2 stroke for power.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:10 PM
Doug Watson

Default Ultralights

Hi, My name is Doug Watson,
I am a former aircraft mechanic 20 years, and an a successful designer of parts for the USAF B1-Bomber. I am retired but am actively involved in designing R/C Powered Parachutes Airframes. Currentlly I have designed and constructed a "true" PPC Airframe. I am working on a second one for commercial sales. If I can be of assistance please contact me at [email protected]...
Old 07-12-2003, 01:05 AM
rcairplanenut

Default Ultralights

RCM has Don Quixote ultra light in 2 sizes, simple structure and good looks.
They can be found at the web site at site http://www.rcmmagazine.com
Plan number 931 for the big one and 1199 for the small one.

good luck

sg