Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Cutting small pieces from big pieces (stated as simply as I could)

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Cutting small pieces from big pieces (stated as simply as I could)

Old 06-03-2002, 03:29 PM
Rook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutting small pieces from big pieces (stated as simply as I could)

Hey All

I am looking at starting my first scratch build plane and need some advice. I have seen some guys in the past using a cutter (for lack of a better word), which is merely an exacto blade and a sliding straight edge that is used to cut larger pieces of balsa into strips. This unit is mounted onto the workbench with a some sort of vice and the cutting swath is measured out and the unit is held in place for that measurement. ( Clear as mud?? )

Does anyone have any specifics on how to build one of these and what parts are required? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance Just curious what everyone else is doing.

Kevin
Old 06-03-2002, 04:53 PM
heavy date-RCU

Well that sounds like a Master Airscrew stripper to me. I have never mounted one to a bench, but it sounds like an idea. I just hold the sheet down and slide the stripper along the edge.
I really have 2 of them, one I glued a 1/4 squre hard wood piece on the bottom so that I can cut planking strips and keep the angle of cut the same for all the planks.
Hope that helps.
Hans
Old 06-04-2002, 01:07 PM
mulligan

Nice nose art, Hans!