Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Where to get Giant Ugly Stik Plans

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Where to get Giant Ugly Stik Plans

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Dan Taylor
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get Giant Ugly Stik Plans

Does any one know where I can get a set of plans for a giant ugly stick?
Thanks
Old 02-17-2004, 08:55 AM
tonyd1

Default RE: Where to get Giant Ugly Stik Plans

RCM has the planes for a 60 size ugly stick. Just get them enlarged to what ever size you want..There are also some gas size kits available for a "stick" like plane.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:55 AM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

check our site. we have a stick (about a 60), and a few other plans!
Old 02-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Johng
My Feedback: (4)

I have the 9' ugly stick. I'm getting it ready right now. I bought the plane in the bones, but it didn't come with full plans from the previous owner. For what it's worth, I think Hobby Shack was selling the plans way back when.

I would recommend getting smaller more modern plans and blowing them up. This thing has a heavy built-up wing with too many ribs and hardwood spars that could double as a bridge across the local creek. I think you would save a pound on the wing alone if you know what you are doing with a foam wing. The fuselage is just a box with bulkheads in the "stick" shape. Per the bigger plans, the tail surfaces were meant to be 3/8" planks - on a 9" plane! I cut an airfoiled tail myself from foam - it's a 36" wing in itself.

Even with the extra weight of the obsolete design, I should be able to build it around 20 lbs, and have a wing loading 20-22 oz/sq ft. I might make a 3D machine out of it yet...