Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Need ideas on a plane quick!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Need ideas on a plane quick!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 11:17 PM
weskel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need ideas on a plane quick!!!

I need to build a plane quick for a compitition at my club in two weeks, I need something with about a 4 or 5 foot wingspan and will be putting a super tiger 75 in it.

I need the plane for a really modified combat type meet, our rules is there is no rules, (as long as we dont break any AMA rules).

We will be flying combat with streamers, trying to pop tethered ballons and trying to pop air dropped ballons.

With that said it doesnt have to be pretty, just tuff and quick to build, I dont care if its coroplast foam, pvc pipe, hit me with all your crazy ideas.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

weskel

oh yeah, the super tiger 75 is kinda old and weak, but runs good, probably more along the lines in power to a 61.

thanks
Old 05-12-2004, 02:15 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Need ideas on a plane quick!!!

That is still a pretty darn small model for that size engine. But it's your funeral....

For quick and dirty but proven I don't think you can do any better than Crazy Herb's Pink Foam Delta. Do a search in the scratch build forum. There's a LOOOONG thread there about it and a link to the site with his plans. You may want to reduce it as the original was quite a slow flyer. I'm sure CH can suggest how large to make it for a combat model.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Boogie

Maybe a SPAD type??
Old 05-12-2004, 01:07 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

I'de vote SPAD, or a 4star 60 (as one can be built litteraly in a week-end...)

ARF?