Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Tanzer CabinWing

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 03:50 PM
KevinSheen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanzer CabinWing

John Tanzer had 3 designs published in Flying Models in the late 90's. I bought the plans to his SpeedWing. They were larger planes that used either large glow or small gassers.

Lately, I've been thinking about building his earlier design called a CabinWing and was wondering if anyone either had the magazine or (better yet) had built it. I'm interested in what power he suggested, what it weighted and what controls it used (did it have flaps in addition to everything else).

One of the reasons I'm thinking about the Cabinwing is that I'd like to also use it as a glider tug.

Worst case, I'll order the back issue from FM but I was just wondering if someone could share the basic info about the design?

thanks a bunch,

Kevin