Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

does anybody know about Hal DeBolt plans

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

does anybody know about Hal DeBolt plans

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 02:55 PM
racer-RCU
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anybody know about Hal DeBolt plans

was thinking of building the 90"rv-4 from model airplane news the one designed by hal debolt, does anyboy know how good his planes r or if they r easy to build, can i get cowls and stuff for it or will i have to get it custom made?
Old 09-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: does anybody know about Hal DeBolt plans

Hal was designing and building planes before most of us were born.
I'd have no qualms building anything he designs.
The fancy stuff... if it's not available, I'd make it myself.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:57 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob Holman obtained a large amount of the former Hal DeBolt and Demco plans about two months ago. Some of the plans are of A/C which never made it into a magazine or were kitted. These are just simple pencil on vellum plans with only a few notes along the perimiter. They often are of different size ratios of the same model. However, all parts are gone. You will need fabricate what you may need.

Wm.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:53 PM
racer-RCU
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when u say i need to fabricate what i need do u mean the cowl and stuff, there are parts templates on the plans right? like for formers and ribs? does anybody know how he builds, like are jis plans complex or r they real simple and easy to understand.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:47 PM
sebo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I built "Pappy" De Bolt's TCraft when it was produced as a kit by Top Flite. It was my 4th plane and was a breeze to build. It was also a wonderful plane to fly. I had more fun with that plane than any other I have had in my 30 years of modeling. It could do just about anything you wanted it to do. In fact, I ordered 2 sets of plans from MAN 2 weeks ago. Received them yesterday. It calls for a cowl made by FiberGlass masters..(out of business). I saved the cowl from the TCraft that I "wore out". I'm going to do my best to make a copy of it.