Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

One Design/DR-107, DR-109

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 09:14 PM
FlyerBry
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Design/DR-107, DR-109

Does anyone have any experience building the One Design/DR-107 or DR-109? Rich Uravitch plans were published for both in Model Airplane News (April 98 for the 107) and a larger 72 inch wingspan DR-107 plan was published in the Jan. 95 edition of Radio Control Modeler. The RCM plan looks intriguing to me because of the larger size but building the wing requires building a wing jig from some other RCM article published previously. The Uravitch DR-107 (MAN plans) sounds easier to build because it does not require a jig for the wing. The Uravitch designs also offers a parts package available from Rich through his web site so the problem of creating the cowl, canopy and wheel pants are taken care of. This, the apparent easier build design and the fact that I want something a little bigger than Rich's One Design/DR-107 leads me to want to build the DR-109 which is basically a two place version of the same plane. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the article for the DR-109 (the second of the MAN articles) so I'm hoping it will be similar to the first article which I have read and sounds like a very managible project.

Anyone built any one of these designs? I am just getting into building from plans and am considering the DR-109 as a first or second plans build.

Thanks,

FlyerBry