Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Best material for windscreen?

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Best material for windscreen?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 02:41 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best material for windscreen?

What is the best material to make a new windscreen for my 1/5th scale Chipmunk? I think I can make the windshield out of flexible flat stock without having to vacuum form it. I would like it to be clear and strong. The aft portion of the canopy is fine.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:26 PM
wtsidney

Default RE: Best material for windscreen?

How about using the clear plastic from bottled water or soda and it can be heat formed.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:52 PM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Best material for windscreen?

Acetate is easy to work with and can be purchased at the local art or office supply store in different thicknesses. If this doesn't work, plexiglass and acetate can be purchased from wholesale plastic suppliers as cut-offs and waste material. Sig sells acetate too and your local hobby shop might have some or will order it for you.