Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

RCM Magazine Ta 152 H by David Andersen

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

RCM Magazine Ta 152 H by David Andersen

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 07:36 AM
Swiso
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCM Magazine Ta 152 H by David Andersen

Hello !

I have bought from RCM this plans for building the plane , but i have a problem.
I would like to have all the pieces laser cutted , but almost all the majority of the kit cutters , require files in the .DXF or DWG format.
( many responded me saying that they work only with these kind of files )
Now i would like to ask if someone has the drawings of this plane ( Andersen drawings ) in this format , or eventually how can i do to have it in this form.
Thanks very much for any help or suggestion !

Best regards and happy holidays !
Swiso
Old 12-16-2004, 10:37 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCM Magazine Ta 152 H by David Andersen

Gee... going back a few years now, but three of us began work on the TA 152 from the RCM plans. There were some thoughts as to making the parts available, but it came out a bit heavy. We then went in a redesigned the whole wing, and it came out remarkable lighter, even with the Unitracts gear, as our design was for electric power. I think we completed three models, but mine never flew as the designed powerplant was pulled from the market before I obtained one.

There have been a few folks laser cutting the parts for the RCM kit. I would suggest that you do a bit more looking for just who did the services. As you then would not need any set up nor handling fees applied. The plans I have are in BMP format, and we had converted the parts to DWG and PLT format back in about 1998.

Wm.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Swiso

Hi !

Thank You for Your suggestion !

I am asking too much if you could makes me to have one copy of Your Andersen Ta152H plans in DWG format ? ( if You still have them again )
I have found someone willing to laser cut from my plans , but anyway...just for reference and for an eventually use in the future , it would be great if i can find a copy of this plans in DWG or DXF...
If not ,well , no problem , i understand !

Thanks again !
Best regards and Happy Holidays !
AA
Old 12-16-2004, 08:19 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned, the plans here are in BMP format. The individual parts had been in DWG format.

You could take you plans in BMP or TIF format, convert to vector, and then easily redraw once again, making up the parts as you go. Then, use the plans for alignment and construction.

Wm.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Swiso

Hi !

Ok , now i see it... i have a couple of programs that can convert them to DWG or DXF !

Here is my address :

[email protected]

Thanks again for the help !
Best regards and Happy Holidays !

AA