Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Pitts M12 26% plans available soon

Hi everyone.

I have one more Pitts clearance offering for you!

When we purchased the wood to produce the full wood kit, the supplier required a large order to custom cut the metric balsa for us. As a result, we still have a lot of metric balsa on hand. And since we are not producing the kit for the Pitts anymore, I thought it might be a good idea to offer a metric stringer and spar bundle. This bundle includes all of the balsa and basswood stringers and spars needed to build the kit. All told, there is around 12 bundles available, and Ithe price is $25 each plus shipping. If you are interested, please send me a PM, and I will send you the payment details.

Thanks!
    Gunderson Aero Design
    Laser Edge Cutters

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i am eagerly awaiting t he arrival of my kit. just wondering if anyone is building/flying this plane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the kit on order. However, I don't know when I will be able to start it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm right in the middle of the build on mine. It's going slow because of my work schedule. I should have it flying in a couple of months.

Wally

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wally,

Have you selected an engine for your project? What engine are you going to use?

Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Jim,
    I'm gonna try a DA50 but I may have prop clearance issues. With a 20" 3blade I think I'll be ok.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i'm going to use a fpe 3.2 how is the build going? did you use a kit? looks like i won't have mine until sept.[&o]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello all,

In the last couple of weeks we have had a number of requests for the Pitts short kits. As a result, I am contemplating a limited production run of kits. If I can establish sufficient demand for the kits (say 5 to 10 orders) we will move forward with the limited run. If you think that you might be interested, please either send me a PM, or an email (sales@gundersonaerodesign.com).

Thank you all for your continued support!
    Gunderson Aero Design
    Laser Edge Cutters

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

rgunder. I sent you a PM. I would like 1 set of plans, the spar and stringer bundle, 1 canopy, 1 cowl, 1 set of cabane struts, and 1 set of Landing gear. I will begin construction almost immediately and post a detailed build thread. Thank you. ( i forgot to mention the cabane struts in my PM)

Otherwise, how is everybody else handling the conversion from metric to standard?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I am going for it. Monday I will be ordering the plans,canopy,cabane,cowl, and landing gear. I will be scratch building this baby. I am ordering the stringer and spar bundle which will solve alot of the metric/standard problems. I will be working on this project for the entire winter and probably part of next spring. I really work slow. LOL If anybody is interested, I can start a build thread. I am currently building the Burrito from Paul Swaney. Construction of the pitts will begin afterward. (8-10 weeks. I told you I was sssllloooowww.)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Another pitts fan here!. This time one from the Netherlands

Is there anybody how can send me the dxf files.? I started the build with the jpg's from this topic. But they are too small to work with.

My email adress.

wonderwoutjie@hotmail.com

Thanks!!
    Best regards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Crash

I for one would love to see a build thread. I have one that I am starting after I finish my 24% CA Extra, which should be in a couple months. Hope to have it reaqdy for spring. Would like to hear from anyone that may have finished one or close as to weights.

Also I would highly recommend anyone wanting to build one to seriously consider at least the short kit and accessories from Rich, he does Excellent work.. I have been very impressed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, I would like to build this sweet plane too, it would be pleasure if somebody send my detailed plans, thnx!

nishuko@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You need to request the plans from http://www.gundersonaerodesign.com/p...rtkits/burton/
    and you'll get pdf's of the plans.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got a quote for like 175.00 for the cowl,canopy,gear,cabanes,spar bundle and plans. Not bad but it was enough for me to take a step back and realize that we haven't seen a prototype fly yet. I would really really hate to put all of that work into a plane to find that it has bad characteristics. I am having second thoughts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Crash, BBT has built one and has had it up. His only complaint was it didn't like to "knife edge", but otherwise, he loved it. Maybe rgunder or BBT has some pictures of one flying that they could post. I'm kind of thinking like you, I want one but.............

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If I get the plans, I will be building one as my next project. I was going to build a Pitts Samson but this will do.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just received the plans. They are awesome. I am surprised there aren't more of these flying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been following this post for awhile and thought it was about time I contributed. I printed the plans a couple of weeks ago (thanks to those of you who posted directions on printing on a large format plotter it worked great) and started cutting formers, ribs etc. I've done some test fits of the parts and everything fits great. I just wanted to echo the comments about the quality of the plans. They are one of the better sets of plans I have used to "scratch build" or for the purists out there "build from plans" I've see the pictures on Gunderson Aerodesign's site and read Benard's comments. Any one else further along, put one in the air or decided on a power plant? I'm planning my build around a DA50.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's here and it looks fantastic (and heavy)! came on my day off, gonna start the tail. thinking about drilling some holes maybe replacing some formers with lighter stock. the plans fit my fpe 3.2 like a glove fire wall to front of cowl is perfect!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi All
    Mine also arrived to day and after looking at it I find it ashame that Rich has decided to stop production, it looks great. I haven't really decided on the engine but I do think that the ST 3000 I have is going to power it . I have to make room in the building room and then I' start on it.
    Art

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi All
    I'm wondering what you think of the Super Tiger 3000 for powering this plan? I'm not all that interested in hovering but would like nice vertical ,doesn'et need to be unlimited. I like to do snap, tumble and stall maneuvers.
    Thank you for any input.
    Art

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Art, I don't know anything about the super tiger. might end up a tad light up front. Have you started building yet? Ive got the lower wing, tail and the fuse formed up. Goes together very nicely. In fact i'm very impressed with the design. I' m surprised this thread isn't a little more active. I would really like to hear how it flies.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I finally found some tiime to get back in the shop and have everything cut out. I've started working on the tail feathers and hope to get started on the wings this weekend. I'll try and post some progress photos. I did put the fuse together as a test fit. I'm a little concerned about prop clearance with a 22 inch prop. What do you guys think?

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm thinking about going with a three blade, but I have no experience with them.

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast