Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Pitts M12 26% plans available soon

Hydro Junkie and allthe rest

I just got back from a trip out of state and took the plans with me I went to Kinko's and they told me that they couldn't print the plans in tiles or ( seperate sheets) because thay are protected and their print driver would shrink to fit 32" paper.
    So the offer is still out there that I will pay the cost of printing, postage and gas if some one would please send me a copy.
    Thanks
    Art

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kinko's is a joke. If it doesn't fit a standard size, they can't do it. Been there, tried that. Hell, they couldn't even PHOTO COPY a set of plans for my Kadet Jr, and they are only 36" wide

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am working on the plans to include the latest changes resulting from the Laser cut fine tuning. The layout is now changed to 36 x 125 inch. this should solve most of the printing problems. In addition, I will also include a tiled version for smaller paper format.

You will receive a new plan version as soon as it is ready.

Several people asked if the plan will stay available separatly without buying a kit. Currently, the answer is yes.
    Click on the following link : Plans request form

Cheers,
    Bernard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds good, but will the plan set I originally downloaded still be good to build the kit from, or will I need an updated set? One other area I have questions has to do with the "dural" parts. Are the "dural" parts aluminum, and if so, is there a specific type that we need to use? I'm looking forward to building the long kit with all the glass parts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The previous version of the plans will be sufficient to build the kit from. The scratch builders will require the new plans set.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bbt
    Thank you for the info on the plans and thank you very much.
    Art

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello everyone.

As promised, Gunderson AeroDesign LLC is proud to announce the availability of the exclusive laser cut short kit for Bernard Burton’s 26% Scale Pitts Model 12, the β€œSpirit of Pitts”! As Bernard stated above, the laser cut sheets have been fine tuned, which has led to a more accurate and more complete kit. The kit will be available to you for only $225.00 plus applicable taxes, shipping and handling. Beginning next Thursday (11/17/05) you will be able to place your order for the kit on my website by visiting here. The short kit will include all those parts that require a complicated cutting process (bulkheads, ribs, formers, tips, etc…).

The orders will be filled on a first come first served basis from stock, and any orders that can not be filled from stock will be placed in the next delivery slot in the production schedule.

In early December, we will begin taking orders for a full wood kit complete with all of the remaining wood required to finish the build (stringers, sheeting, etc…), and the wood will be in the metric sizes called out on the plans! The price of the full wood kit is estimated at $275 plus applicable taxes, shipping and handling. That will be followed by the canopy, cowling, and wing tube in mid December with a price to-be-determined.

I know that there has been a lot of excitement around this great design, and I appreciate the patience that you have shown while we worked to put together the best short kit possible.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Gunderson AeroDesign at this link. I will be traveling for the next couple of days, but I will do my best to answer the questions as they come in.

Thank you.
    Gunderson Aero Design
    Laser Edge Cutters

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Will the cowling canopy and the wing tube be available separately or will it be in the kit only, at the time it is available? Also I haven't seen a front view of the landing gear but I asume that it is radiused, is this correct?
    Thank you
    Art

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: agertlof

Will the cowling canopy and the wing tube be available separately or will it be in the kit only, at the time it is available? Also I haven't seen a front view of the landing gear but I asume that it is radiused, is this correct?
    Thank you
    Art
    Art,

Yes; the canopy, cowling, and wing tube will be available separately. I would have to check with Bernard on the landing gear. BTW, if the landing gear is something that builders would prefer to purchase (along with the canopy, cowling and wing tube), I could begin working on that option as well.

Rich
    Gunderson Aero Design
    Laser Edge Cutters

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys,

Did someone has building progress pictures or finished pictures of this plane that could share with us? IΒ΄d really apreciate to view this pictures.

Thanks
    Gaiotto
    " gas singles engines I have a bunch of them but they just shake worse than me at the flight line"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Everyone,

The link to purchase the short kit is now active on the website. Please visit www.gundersonaerodesign.com/products/pitts.htm for full details. The kits begin shipping on Friday!

Thanks.
    Gunderson Aero Design
    Laser Edge Cutters

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone built this plane yet? Any build photos? How did the prototype fly? How much did it weight?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey, I just recieved the new plans last week and was looking them over while reading some posts. I noticed that bbt wrote about splitting the main fuse crutch to accomodate the laser cutter he was using. BBT, I'd like to make a request to have the "split" parts "pushed" together on the plan so that one could opt to cut one big piece instead of trying to line up the 3 peices seperately. I understand having the different parts laid out on the cut sheet, but having them adjacent on the plan might be nicer for those not wanting laser cut parts. Any way you might consider this small revision? In either case, thank you for a truly great set of plans. I'm not officially a scratch builder yet, but when I am, these will be on the board for sure!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys,

When reading the thread, I realized that I didn't posted anything about the first prototype build and flight characteristics.

Back in June, I received a scroll saw from my wife for my birthday and ... I started to cut the Spirit of Pitts. Even with the right tools, it was a real pain to get this done but the result was already nice. Luckily for you, a laser kit is available; this will reduce the build time, increase the precision and avoid a lot of pain

As you know, the Spirit of Pitts is largely inspired by the Pitts Model 12. However, it is slightly modified to allow 3D aerobatics:
    - increased fuse length
    - increased wings surface
    - increased control surfaces

Well ... after having flown this plane, I can tell you that the Spirit of Pitts is an excellent 3D flyer. It is stable in a hover and torque rolls are fairly easy. Most of the 3D maneuvers are performed easily. Knife edges are possible but challenging … probably due to the rounded lateral surface.

Thanks to the low wing load, it flies stable and is able to slow down a lot. It will slow down for 'trainer-like' landings. However, a touch of motor is always more than welcome … it’s a bipe

Now, I can tell you this : flying 3D with a bipe is definitely something different … the plane is begging for style & elegance and pushes your pilot skills to the next level. It’s an eye catcher, you should have seen the jealous eyes on the flying field… Great feelings

Here are again some key characteristics:
    Wingspan 175 cm
    Length 175 cm
    Airfoil E169 (14.5%)
    Wings surface 119 dmΒ²
    Weight 6.5 Kg (estimated) - 7.4 Kg (Prototype)
    Wing load 54 grs/dmΒ² (estimated) - 63 grs/dmΒ² (Prototype)
    Top wing incidence: 0Β°
    Bottom wing incidence: 0Β°
    Elevator incidence: 0Β°
    Motor down trust angle: 0Β°
    Motor right trust angle: 2Β°

For the first flight, the plane was centered 140 mm from the leading edge of the top wing.
    The Center of Gravity was moved slightly backward for 3D acrobatics. The fuel tank should be placed as close as possible for the center of Gravity to ensure consistent flight characteristics throughout the flight.

My setup was as follow:
    4*HS-645MG for ailerons
    2* HS-645MG for elevators
    1* HS-945MG for the rudder
    a standard servo for the motor
    MVVS 35cc (2.10) Gas

After the birth of our little daughter, I didn’t have an opportunity to go to the flying field again. During the winter months, I will focus on building the 2nd Spirit of Pitts based on the production laser kit. I am convinced that it can be at least 1/2 Kg lighter.

This time, I will take pictures of the build and will post them.

Cheers,
    Bernard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Bernard,

Anxious to see the build thread and pics!

Pete

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,
    i am a european modeller, that come a bit late on this subject.
    i got a home made cnc machine so... i searched on the links from this subjetcs but they are "dead" so actually no way to get the dxf plans of the pitts can pls anybody help me to get the files ? i visited the desiner's web site saw the project and would like to make this plane...if possible to get dxf (s)
    my E-mail olivierdeheselle@yahoo.com

best regards olivier

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Could somebody please tell me what the length of the fuse is and the wing span in inches?
    I just got home with my set of plans that I had printed and when I measure them I get the length at 58.25 and the wing span at 58.25. When I do the math and convert from CM to inches I come up with 68.5" for both I am using the reference to the plan being 175CM long and a wing span of 175cm.
    Did the printer do something wrong or am I not doing the proper conversion?
    Thank you
    Art

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well 175cm / 2.54cm per in = 68.90" or so.
    The design uses metric wood BTW.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hy !
    that's it ! sorry i got a printed conversion table on my office...so i didn't find necessary to convert in message
    can somebody E-mail me these plans pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzze ? if needed i rescale the drawing ! that's no problem for me...
    best regards olivier

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lolipop,

The plans are available for download at www.gundersonaerodesign.com/m12plansreq.htm
    Gunderson Aero Design
    Laser Edge Cutters

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well thats very nice data mining you got my info but I got no plans. The php script
    isn't working..

Los

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Los,

I apologize for the issue. Please understand that your information is held in strict confidence, and that the problem has to do with browser conflicts. There has been an issue with the AOL browser. Please let me know what browser you are using so that I can debug the script. I have sent you an email address in a private message. Please send me your email address, and I will send the files.

As a general note to everyone who downloads the plans, after filling out the form a download button will appear. Br pressing that button the download will begin, and you will be prompted to select the directory into which you would like to save the plans.

Again, to those for whom this has been an issue I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Gunderson Aero Design
    Laser Edge Cutters

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Richard

Thanks for the email and the plans.
    I was using the Mozilla Firefox browser. I just got a blank window after submitting the
    form. I also tried cutting a pasting the url containing the download script from the then blank
    Firefox window to Internet Explorer. I didn't think the cut and paste would work anyway
    but thought I'd give it a try...

Carlos

AKA on RCU los

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just looking at the plans.

Is there a source on the web for the inboard cabanes?

los

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well sorry,
    i am a better pilot than forum's user; true ;p
    1-i dont find the way to send private message
    2-the download page dont seem to work with internet explorer 6

BUT
    i resend my private E-mail adresses olivierdeheselle@yahoo.com or extrafunn14@hotmail.com
    to get the plans if possible

i am not even able to make a web site ..than i made a "blog" if you are interested http://spaces.msn.com/members/extrafunn14/ everything is in french but photographs are multilingual
    i post here now and still try to send a private message

best regards olivier

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast