Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Rotozip

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 01:38 AM
tigertooth
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotozip

Has anyone tried using a Rotozip with the router attachment for cutting balsa and plywood parts? I think it would work nice for cutting out channels in foam wings for servo wires etc. I am thinking about buying one but would like to get some feedback on it first. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:15 PM
air farce one

Default RE: Rotozip

I put a drywall cutting tool in my mototool and freehand cut withit lots. B
Old 03-22-2005, 10:08 PM
tigertooth

Good idea air farce one. I'm going to check it out....always looking for better ways to out parts.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:24 PM
John A

http://www.dremel.com/html/home_fr.html

click on attachments, then multipurpose cutting kit. The 565 kit is sold at walmart. If you already have a dremel it's a lot cheaper than buying a rotozip and a lot easier to manage. Just tape down a thin aluminum flatbar for a straightedge and you get a very clean line. I used it on my zagi to cut out the spar notch, and have started doing spars on all my foam planes ever since. Does a very tight servo recess, too. All I do is cover the servo with "zagi" tape or box tape to hold it in on my small birds.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:52 PM
tigertooth

John A that's a plus since I have a dremel. I'll purchase the attachments to go with it. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:18 AM
dicknadine

Tools--tools--tools. think that I own a hardware shop and then someone comes up with another new one plus another use for the ones that I have stored away. keep up your uses. dick