Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Flash Gordon/Buck Rodgers type flying model

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Flash Gordon/Buck Rodgers type flying model

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Russ123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flash Gordon/Buck Rodgers type flying model

Years ago I saw in the back of a RC model type magazine an ad for plans for a Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers type RC model.
I should have bought the magazine and the plans then, but didn't. I have been searching in vein for them on the internet and am having no luck. Dose anyone know of the plans or have an idea who would make this type of RC model etc.
I appreciate you help.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Flash Gordon/Buck Rodgers type flying model

The original was designed as a free flight by Roy Clough somewhere between 1952 and 1954.

Model Builder magazine had a design for RC based on the same model. It was done by a fellow named Skip Ruff if I recall the name correctly. He had enlarged the vertical fin area and some other things to improve the ability to turn and reduce the side to side rocking motion that the original displayed in flight. They published the design either in the late 80s or early 90s.

Sorry that I can't narrow it down any better for you.
ORIGINAL: Russ123

Years ago I saw in the back of a RC model type magazine an ad for plans for a Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers type RC model.
I should have bought the magazine and the plans then, but didn't. I have been searching in vein for them on the internet and am having no luck. Dose anyone know of the plans or have an idea who would make this type of RC model etc.
I appreciate you help.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Dsegal

Default RE: Flash Gordon/Buck Rodgers type flying model

This was covered in the thread at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_29...tm.htm#2918986