Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Advanced Sport-3D design questions

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Advanced Sport-3D design questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 07:32 AM
martinoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advanced Sport-3D design questions

Hi there. I would like to design an advanced sport plane, 3D capable. I don't want a radical concept, nor a Extra re-styling either.

My main concern is at the moments numbers, mainly tail. I searched through the forums, but I couldn't find this ratios for a 3D design.

Any information would be of great help.

Thanks and regards.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:08 PM
eclipsegsxr

Default RE: Advanced Sport-3D design questions

how about the ultra stick?
Old 06-16-2005, 06:59 AM
martinoto

eclipsegsxr,

what about it? do you mean I should take Stik's measurements as a sample to start with?

thks
Old 06-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Mike James

The easiest (and most precise) way to do this kind of research is to build a simple spreadsheet.

Collect data from publications and actual measurements, of those planes who fly the way you want to fly. Get data on as many planes as you can. As you do this, you'll see the similarities. Then, if you like, you can even average these numbers to come up with moments, etc., that are going to be very close to what you need. As much as I like to think of myself as creative, the fact is that, due to the nature of air and gravity, we are basically redesigning the same planes over and over, with subtle changes.

I would make separate spreadsheets for each "type"... i.e., F3A type, Sport type, 3D type, glider type, etc.. )