Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

L-19 Bird Dog

Old 07-08-2005, 07:48 AM
sugarfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L-19 Bird Dog

I have built three planes from Great Planes that had good instructions with pictures along the way.
I recently spent $200 on a kit from Jack Stafford models. I was over whelmed when I opened the instructions booklet. There are vertually no pictures along with the instructions. More or less, it just says, "go to it".
I ordered this kit mainly because the picture of the plane really is impressive to me and it is also scale. The author states that it is an easy build, but I don't see where that thought comes from.
Has anyone built this particular model from Jack Stafford models? Just wondering if they experienced the same problems. I am terribly concerned that I might think that I got something done right on it, glue it in and then find out that I did it wrong mainly because they didn't show any pictures with the instructions like many other companies do.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Mr_Scale
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: L-19 Bird Dog

We are currently updating the L 19 instruction manual to include pictures of the step by step building process. It is not ready for publication at this time but should be in the next 4 weeks. However, until then we would be glad to send you a CD with approximately 90 pictures outlining the building process.
Please let us know if that will help and we will get that to you immediately.
Thank you.
John and Steve
Jack Stafford Models