Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

help with cabannes on scratch built ultimate biplane

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

help with cabannes on scratch built ultimate biplane

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 12:04 PM
burndred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with cabannes on scratch built ultimate biplane

hi everyone , i didnt know wether to post this in scratch building or here in begginers , so i went with begginers ?

anyway , i am scratch building an ultimate bi plane , i am nearly finished but i have come accross one problem

in the plans i have it shows the cabannes as ply , which is fine but , i dont have an incidence meter , i dont have any experience with bi planes , so i want to make them adjustable so that i can change the incidence of the wings fairly easily , like with a thread or something .. i dont know maybe there is already a system for doing this , maybe someone has seen something

i dont know

any ideas / help is appreciated

RICK

Old 07-22-2005, 12:26 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: help with cabannes on scratch built ultimate biplane

You really need to have an incidence meter of some sort if you want to be fairly precise. We use a great planes incidince meter bar with a digital level strapped to the top of it. It works great.

As far as making hte incidence somewhat adjustable, sure you can if you put your mind to it. Just make the rear cabane attachments a little long on the top wing so you can raise or lower the trailing edge to adjust. Drill holes at whatever increments you want so that you can run the screw through the hole and set it at a given height. I have a 37% Ultimate and it is setup something like this, not intended to be adjustable, but so that the incidence could be adjusted during the setup process.. Mine can be adjusted from 0 to -1.5 Incidence on the top wing. The bottom wing is at 0 I think.

Only thing is you will be sitting right on the outer cabanes at 0 and sitting a little above the cabanes at -.