Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Help with a wing

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 04:04 PM
ClarkFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a wing

Hello there...maybe somebody can help. I've built many control line kits over the years. Never scratch built anything. I got into rc and learned to fly on a Hanger 9 Solo Sport, which is now minus a wing......"who put that light pole there?"....I've progressed way beyond trainers and I keep looking at that pristine trainer fuse hanging from my ceiling. The original wing had bunches of dihedral and was flat bottomed. I want to scratch build a flat symetrical wing....semi, if thats all I can find. The original wing had about a 62 inch wingspan and an 11 inch cord.

Can anybody direct me to a free plan for this wing or is there some way somebody can send me plans via email? I'm trying to keep this low budget as dollars are short right now. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!!
Old 09-08-2005, 04:31 PM
SoCal GliderGuider

Default RE: Help with a wing

Search this site for "wing kits". You could use the broken wing as a template to build another.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:09 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree. Why not just duplicate the broken wing as it is? Or did you want to change it in some way? Even broken it wouldn't take much analysis to figure out the rib spacing and thus the wingspan and use one of the undamaged ribs to produce an airfoil template.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:31 PM
BWooster

If you want cheap and easy, why give the Coro forum a try?
Old 09-08-2005, 11:01 PM
ClarkFlyer

Coro forum, huh? Hmmm, might be an idea. The problem is that I broke the wing months ago and threw it away. And, yes, I want to build it symetrical and flat, with no dihedral. I know wing kits are available. The Avistar wing would work well but they want over $70.00 for it......geeez, the whole plane only costs $99. I'll look at the other forum. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:25 PM
SoCal GliderGuider

Try the stickys at the top of this forum. Many links to lots of plans. Should be able to find something close if not exact.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:11 PM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Here's a wing I drew for you to your specs.... You can take the .plt or .jpg file to Kinko's and they'll print it for you... Hope this helps.

www.swanyshouse.com/misc/trainer_wing.zip
Old 09-09-2005, 04:14 PM
SoCal GliderGuider

Here is the same drawing in PDF format. I've had the local Kinko's choke on plot, jpeg and dwg files. They'll take a PDF everytime. Make sure you tell them it's 24 x 36 size paper and 100% scaling. Actually if they set the scaling to NONE it will be forced 100%. Of course you have to take the file to a Kinkos with a large format printer. Usually a Xerox 8850 or Oce. The Oce is better. I can send my files in over their internet site and pick them up in a few hours.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ki19314.pdf (41.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 09-09-2005, 05:09 PM
ClarkFlyer

I thank you guys so much. This is exactly what I need. I'm off to the hobby shop!!