Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Want Opinion - First Building Project

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Want Opinion - First Building Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 03:16 PM
phill_013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want Opinion - First Building Project

Hi, I have been flying for a little over a year. I fly my Avistar regulary, and have built a T6 Texan from a kit, and will fly it when weather permits. I have always been interested in large scale more than two engine models. Especially the bombers. I have a couple questions. I am looking at these two different plane plans:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

On a standard plans sheet do they give you numbers next to the part, in order of building the plane, so you know where to start? Also do they tell you how much wood you need on the plans? Would you cover these planes with monokote or some other material? Thanks.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:15 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Want Opinion - First Building Project

Both of these planes will take a VERY experienced builder to complete. There generally are no instructions whatsoever with plans that are sold on E-bay. Most are copies of older out of date designs. Many times they are distorted due to methods used to duplicate them. And of more importance, the seller you linked to is "questionable". His feedback is private because of some of the comments that have been posted. He just recently did that. I have seen some of them before he went private, as I was considering ordering a set of his plans. He has actually sold people blank sheets of paper!
You really need to build several kits, to learn the way things are done before tackleing a set of plans. Most unfinished airframes in garages around the country, are there for a reason.