Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Pipe Bomb

Old 10-24-2005, 09:26 AM
telepilot
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipe Bomb

Thought you guys might like this wacky tube plane I built. It flys great and the landings are amazing.!

Cheers,
Aaron****
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52910.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	343358  
Old 10-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Denis49

Default RE: Pipe Bomb

Looks great!
Got any more pics?

Now you're going to be labeled a terrorist!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:45 PM
the-plumber

CIA, FBI, ATF, and a dozen other snoop programs just caused hiccuped and bumped their respective CPU usage numbers.

Is it too late to change the name of the thread ?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:29 AM
telepilot
My Feedback: (2)

"Oh crap....I forgot about the name being associated with our current situation in the world"! Yup, satellites are starting to link up in space, my home address most likely just went out over the wire....YIKES!! ~G~ I'll get some more pics posted when the weather clears a little. A little more info on the aircraft. Starting from the nose:
The fire wall is made of the new plastic (cutting board). The wing saddle is cut down into the pipe about 1 3/4 inches. Wing dowels are glued in with 5 min epoxy.
Fuel tank is just held in with foam, make sure you leave the front wing dowel removable so you can get the fuel tank out at some point. The horizontal stab is in line
with the wing. I used a piece of the pvc to mount the tail in the tube. Then a piece of 3/4 aluminum rail to mount the vertical and horizontal. Just mount the servos
so you get a straight shot to the surface horns. I did not put any right hand thrust offset into the engine mount, seems to track just fine without it. She handles pretty
nice on the ground, climbs very pretty and smooth. She does some of the best looking (Hammerheads). Rolls nice also. Whats cool to watch are the landings.! It comes
down in a very steady and smooth glide slope...no bounce at all. I DO NOT recommend nose down fast spins, maybe with a different wing it might be okay. Oh...almost
forgot, she came out weighing 8.7 pounds total. Well, I've bumped my gums enough. Thanks for the humor guys..made my day.!

Cheers,
Aaron****