Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Hurricane Katrina update

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 05:06 PM
dicknadine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricane Katrina update

Hi Guys. just to let you know that I'm back, almost, in business. have the structure of 1/2 of a new wing for my 80" Playboy done, the fuselage/tail was at a friends house and didn't get drowned along with fuelage, w/3electric motors of the 80" Jabaru. sure feels good be shaveing balsa again. couple of the coast fellows, who didn't have any damage and couple of CARE pkg's from RCU guys sure have made our problems seem a lot easier. still debating with 2 insurance co's about values, etc. MOSTLY lack of response to phone calls of questions and pay off. did get a payment on 1 car, 1/2 the value of it. anyhow thanks to all who have helped me with Care Packages- it made my days. Many Bright days ahead. THANKS again. Dick Stamm
Old 11-26-2005, 08:37 PM
blueberry

Default RE: Hurricane Katrina update

Good to hear you are at it and having fun,

Pete
Old 11-27-2005, 03:10 PM
SoCal GliderGuider

Good show Richard! Get pictures of your new digs and post them!
Old 11-29-2005, 06:06 PM
dicknadine

will do as soon as the old brain catches up with the rest of my body. its awful slow going these days. its taken me seven days to frame up a new 80" Playboy wing. used to be that it was a couple day job. but am trying hard to get back in the saddle. thanks for all the good words. still havn't sent in a new balsa order to Lone Star Balsa yet, still waiting some insureance pay off first. also, Nadine says that a new set of wheels is More important and comes first. couple of the fellows have given me stacks of ancient Model Airplane News and Flying Models. some good old timers in them to build. spirits are high. still trying to figure out the new camera, HP 315 Photo Smart. it ain't like my old Floppy job- point and shoot, insert floppy in drive and send. its do this do that and then repeat at least 3 times. dick