Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Lazer Cutter/Cloud Dancer 40

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Lazer Cutter/Cloud Dancer 40

Old 12-13-2005, 07:45 AM
DBono99
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lazer Cutter/Cloud Dancer 40

Hi I was wondering if any Lazer cutter can downsize, the 40 size Cloud Dancer.. I was thinking 36-40 WS, all parts in balsa, except for the firewall..I would like to make this an Electric plane..I can reached at [email protected]

Thanks Dan
Old 12-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Campy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lazer Cutter/Cloud Dancer 40

If you have the plans reduced to the size you want, almost all the kit cutters can do the kit. The majority of them can, through "computer magic", get you prints into the format the laser needs for cutting.

I suggest checking several different kit cutters on their waiting time and prices. Don't be suprised if the cost is higher than you expect though.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:31 AM
DBono99

Hi Campy Awhile back I had the 40 size cut/short kit for around $50.00..I already got one qoute for $100.00.Thats out of my range..I do understand that besides reducing the plans, they have reduce the vector or what ever they need to so the Lazer can read it..

I wish I had the pantience to cut the parts myself..Reducing the plans any office supply can do that..

Thanks Dan
Old 12-16-2005, 08:06 AM
DBono99

Hi All Where have all the Lazer cutters gone??..Have they too fell victim to the ARF's?? Maybe this job of mine is too small for them?? Oh well there is no rush..I'm sure I can get the 40 or 60 Cloud Dancer cut without a problem...Will travel down that road later, once the smaller is done..

Dan
Old 12-18-2005, 07:11 AM
DBono99

Hi All Well this project looks like it's finished even before it got started..I can get the plans downsized to what I need.. Any one willing to lend a hand and put them into the format, that the Lazer Cutter needs to cut them..

Thanks Anyway Dan
Old 12-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Campy

The Laser Lizard http://www.laserlizard.com/ is supposed to be reasonable AND good.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Ed_Moorman

Hey, Dancin' Man,

Glad to see you're getting a new Cloud Dancer. It didn't look right with you flying a Tiger 2 or Kavalier. Don't forget to send me some photos of the E-Dancer for publication.

Ed
Old 12-19-2005, 09:27 AM
DBono99

Hi Ed Happy Holidays..Thanks for putting the pic in and the nice words..I will send pics of the E Cloud Dancer, if it ever gets going..Gotta get a short kit cut..I don't really want to cut my own parts..LOL
My first E-plane resembles the Cloud Dancer..It's Called the Apache from and AeroCraft kit. Here's a pic of it. 44"ws weight 41 ozs.

Thanks Again Dan

PS I think Peter Young may be using the pic..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15777.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	372630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52427.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	372631  
Old 12-19-2005, 03:56 PM
DBono99

Hi Campy I did send Lazer Lizards an e-mail..I sent an e-mail to a few of the lazer cutters..So far I haven't recieved any replies, except one. He wanted $100.00..I think a good part of the cost is getting the plans into the lazer format
They could always include the "E" Cloud Dancer to there line..If the E CD flies anything like the glow versions, It's a sure WINNER for the "E" crowd!!!!!

Thanks Dan

PS I've seen the short kit for the Cloud Dancer 40 size listed at $42.50 +shipping