Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Russian WarBirds

Old 12-25-2005, 05:14 PM
MishaParem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Russian WarBirds

1) What are te external differences between a Yak-3 and a Yak-9 other than the oil cooler?

2) Where can I find easily applied Il-2 plans? I have a set from airwar.ru but the wing ribs are only shown once.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:08 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Russian WarBirds

There is a small (34" ) electric IL-2 plan at http://www.tdmsoftware.com/majewski/.../IL2design.asp
Old 01-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Pelle Gris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Russian WarBirds

There are actually quite a lot of differences between the two. First of all they use two quite different wings. Not the same span, and the tip looks a lot different. Besides that the oil cooler, canopy, retracts are all different.
Both planes were developed from the Yak-1, but the -9 went through the -7 first. The -7 and -9 were classified as heavy fighters, and the -3 as light.

If you go the www.airwar.ru you can d/l 3-views of both planes. Then you can see the differences yourself.