Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Anybody built this trojan?

Old 01-04-2006, 09:28 AM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody built this trojan?

http://www.vanvan.us/t28trojan.htm looking into it. thanks.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:51 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Anybody built this trojan?

If you go to the RCSCALEBUILDER web site, you will find quite a bit about it.
As with many Vance A/C they tend to be a bit pricey.

Wm.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:34 PM
NickC5FE

THANKS alot, but they are a well known company?
Old 01-05-2006, 04:28 AM
warbirdcolors
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vance has been designing and building airplanes for 40 years (a guess). He is a 1-man operation, working full-time, he spends approximately a year on each design, from the initial CAD designs, through the build of the prototype. (Yes, he actually builds each design before releasing them to the public, unlike some plans providers) His designs are very well engineered, and with today's lazer-cutting, go together very easily, even though some parts are very intricately designed. I know this first-hand, as I watched him design and build the T-28, as well as the He-219 and He-111 before that. I am personally building the prototype of his latest design, the Vultee P-66. You can see this build thread on rcscalebuilder.com in the Vanguard Vancouver forum as well as build threads of some of his other designs, including the T-28. One good thing about Vance's designs is the fact that you can call and talk to Vance personally if you have any questions. I'm not so sure that is the case with some of the "well known companies". I do know that Vance will have a booth at the Northwest Hobby Expo, located in Puyallup, Washington, on the 1st weekend in Februray (Feb 3-5), and that the T-28 will be there, and likely the He-219 as well. The P-66 will also be there and possibly a preview of his next design, the Me-410.

Chuck
Old 01-05-2006, 09:25 AM
NickC5FE

Thanks chuck, i actually, last night spent three hours on scale builder reading the whole design and build up. I shot vance an email asking if he has any of they stuff in stock, i am going to go for it. It appears to me the scalest of em all, trojans i mean. I have wanted one for some time, and was going to bow down to the platt....Nick
Old 01-05-2006, 10:16 PM
NickC5FE

Well i bought the kit. I must say vance is the nicest businessman i have spoken to in 15 yrs in this hobby. Great guy with a great product. Usually, designers are very cocky, not him. I will post the build as it happens. Will be after my F-9 Panther is done, so a few months. nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63876.gif
Views:	9
Size:	369.7 KB
ID:	381863