Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Katana X & Extra 300S Plans

Old 01-10-2006, 04:53 PM
SilverEagleBW
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Katana X & Extra 300S Plans

As of now i have many requests for these plans,,,however,i will not send anyone any plans untill you register and supply the requied information on yourself such as name,address,email etc.You must register at this website

http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/?...cratchbuldersc

Please do not expect to recieve any plans untill you [PM me from that website](not here) with the information.Again,,the plans are for a 78 inch Katana style plane and a 60 inch Extra 300S.I am swamped with work and travel right now,for the next couple of months i will be gone alot,i'll try to get everyone the plans,asap,,,,,Slade,,,,,,,
Old 01-10-2006, 09:14 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Katana X & Extra 300S Plans

Great site. I was able to sign up this time.[sm=thumbup.gif]

Woops
Old 01-11-2006, 02:55 AM
SilverEagleBW

Thanks Woops.
Ok,,i am staying home an extra day so i can get all of these plans sent out,good thing i am my own boss or i might get fired,,,lol
Old 01-14-2006, 03:57 AM
skater_719
My Feedback: (4)

for some reason when i use that link a page comes up that says that page is unavialable, is thier any way around this? thanks
Old 01-14-2006, 07:10 PM
SilverEagleBW

Skater,I shut the site down for now.Seems some people are concerned about the wing tube location on the Katana.I put the tube where it is for various reaons and it will work and is very well supported by the 1/16 ply root rib.....W-1 and the W-12 1/8 ply rib.If you look at the Funtana Pro and the Funtana S,,,both have the wingtube in front of the main spar.I had to put the tube where it is due to the fact that i am using two types of airfoils and on the constant chord i felt that there was not enough rib area up close to the spar to handle things.So i added W-12 and W-1 which are both made of ply to support the tube where it is.In all reality i could only move the tube back about 3/8ths of an inch to bring it closer to the main spar,but that might compromise the ribs at the root.I just don't feel there is enough material left due to the 3/8 spars to support the tube up closer to the main spar.This might be a problem if this was a high speed plane undergoing very high g forces,but this plane is meant to fly slow and mainly do 3d on it's tail feathers.I want to remind everyone again,HIGH SPEED WILL KILL THIS PLANE,it has very large control surfaces and flutter will happen fast.

Some other notes on this design,,,i could have removed alot more material from the fuse sides,,,if you are planning on using a smaller gasoline engine then remove some material from the sides,,and also you can use smaller stock on the tail feathers such as 3/8 square but leave the trailing and leading edges on the stab,fin elevator and rudder as they are.I overbuilt this plane due to the fact that someone will put a 50cc or larger engine in this thing,i just don't want the plane to blow apart on them.

I stuck around home here for a few days to go over both the Katana and the Extra,there i did goof,i forgot to delete a few lines on the rear spar,it has a full lenth rear spar,i am making those changes now to the plans and also some other things to lighten it up some.I am leaving town tomorrow and will be back in 7 to 10 days.Slade[8D]

I'll start sending out plans again when i am finished looking and changing what needs to be on the plans.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Cymbilant

Hey slade,
just wondering if you put in shear webs on the main spars that would add great strength but with low wieght.
I would be able to see for my-self but I still havent got my plans yet. Oh did I mention I havent recieved my plans yet!! Its a cardinal crime. Also it seems to be the theme around hear that know one can get ahold of you, so you prolly already know but buckiflyer was looking for you. Oh and I was too.
Just had a thought[X(]....yeah I know its getting dangerous in hear.....but, find someone you can trust an delegate the plans sharing aspect to that person while your outta town. Would keep your work load to a minium so you would have more time to draw more planes...so we could all ask for them. hehe And would keep the masses at bay.
Anyways looking forward to recieving my set of plans soon. Have fun on yer trip.

L8TR Jay
Old 01-18-2006, 09:14 AM
aerospot

When I try to log on to scratch builders i get this message;
Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.
Not sure what the issue is...
I'll keep trying from time to time as I would like to get a set of Extra plans...

Dave