Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Suggest.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:08 PM
mani_mustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggest.

Hi Everybody,
Can any body please tell me were can i got basic proportions diagram for tail wheel, high winger. I want to make simple model for my freind marriage through which i want to make flower dropping. If any body can help me in this case please help me.
Manish.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:26 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Suggest.

What a nice idea! But it won't be a simple project. To carry enough flowers to make even a small drop that looks good you'll need to carry a good 80 to 100 flowers so that they form a nice looking cloud of flowers that can come down on the crowd. Fortunetly they are light so it's just a matter of having a large volume. But this all means that it will be a large model with a very fat fuselage so it will not be a simple project.

Also if the area is crowded with buildings then it will not be a safe place to fly such a large model. And you will not want to fly closely over the crowd again for safety reasons. Because the model will need to be a good 200 feet up the wind will also be a problem since it could carry the flowers away from the crowd.

All of which goes to say that although it is a nice idea that it will be a lot of work and have a lot of safety issues and could well let them all blow past the crowd anyhow.

What about a helium balloon with a bag of flowers with a second line to the balloon so you can tear open the flower bag on demand? Raise the balloon on about 150 feet of line on the upwind side of the crowd and the second line tears open some tape over a long seam so the flowers all fall out. It would be far safer and could be used safely almost anywhere unlike the airplane.